Monday, March 13, 2017

¡Voy a España!




I am super excited to announce that I am a recipient of the 2017 National Spanish Exam Teacher Study Abroad Scholarship to study in Madrid this summer! I received an email last week from Mr. Cessna, the Director of the National Spanish Exam, offering me the scholarship which I, of course, graciously accepted. 

I received the email in the evening and decided to wait until the following day to share the exciting news with my colleagues in person. During lunch I told my World Language Department Chairperson of the news. She immediately jumped out of her seat and gave me a giant hug. After she sat back down, she immediately began to write multiple emails spreading the exciting news to the Superintendent, the Principal, the Assistant Principal and the Public Relations liaison. A few days later the Public Relations liaison came to take my picture and post details of this awesome opportunity on our schools District website. 

My excitement continues to grow each day as I think about all the experiences to come from this opportunity. To me, designing new instruction and assessments from my first hand experiences in Madrid, a city that I have visited only briefly, but have been teaching about for years, will be a life-changing moment in my professional development. 

Thank you again to the scholarship committee of the National Spanish Exam! I feel so fortunate to have been chosen for this opportunity!

¡Muchísimas gracias!



No comments:

Post a Comment